SR Web Developer
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Cycle Trader.com is made up of a unique portfolio of premier power sport buying and selling sites. These include: Cycle Trader, ATV Trader, PWC Trader, and Snowmobile Trader. With its wide variety of products, Cycle Trader provides a comprehensive advertising solution for all businesses serving the power sports industry. With a staggering 450,000 units for sale and 2 million visitors every month, Cycle Trader reaches more active buyers than any other source. Private sellers are able to take advantage of the site’s free basic listings in order to sell their bike online. The site also provides many helpful resources to visitors including: research tools, industry news, financial resources, readily-available customer service teams and more.
A successful candidate will provide technical leadership in the design, development, and testing of websites and web-based applications using PHP, Oracle DBMS, JS, and SOLR, among other technologies. We create dealer management tools, eCommerce platforms, search engines, and other enterprise level products used by millions of visitors every year. Attention to detail and pride in your work is a must. We have established brands that need to maintain a high level of quality in the user interface and they must also be FAST and efficient.
The following skills are essential:
• 8+ years experience with server-side scripting architectures. PHP, NodeJS, Ruby are preferred, .NET will be considered.
• 5+ years experience with various Open Source technologies - PHP, Solr, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, Mongo, Memcached/Redis etc.
• 5+ years experience consuming and constructing APIs, RESTful & SOAP based.
• 5+ years experience with Github, SVN, or similar software versioning system.
• 5+ years experience data modeling in NoSQL and Relational databases.
• Experience with cloud architectures and automation with tools like AWS and Chef.
• Experience with Adobe and/or Google Analytics is a plus.
• Expert in identifying which design patterns to apply to which engineering challenges. MVC, Facade, Singleton, etc.
• Experienced working in an Agile environment.
• Ability to anticipate points of failure and reinforce them.
• Ability to critically diagnose issues with scale and address them.
• Comfortable and capable of performing code reviews and coaching junior members to improve their skills.
• A desire and ability to quickly learn about new technologies.
• Understands the balance between delivering product and perfect engineering.
• Excellent mentorship abilities.
• Excellent presentation abilities.
• Build effective working relationships with software and product developers.
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.