Technology Support Specialist III
Chesapeake Public Schools
- Internet/New Media
Technical Support Specialist III
Employment Location: Chesapeake Public Schools
- Responsible for performing highly technical work such as preventive and corrective maintenance on computer equipment, printers, projectors, interactive whiteboards, IP phones and other associated peripherals as well as assisting with the installation, repair and maintenance of network equipment and related software.
- Additionally, the technician would be responsible for assisting Network Administrators with maintenance and troubleshooting of the Wide Area and Local Area Networks, Network Operating Systems, servers, and installation of network supporting hardware and IOS’s. Work is performed under regular supervision.
- Installs, maintains and repairs computers, printers, interactive whiteboards, document cameras and other associated peripherals used by the school division;
- Assists with the installation, maintenance, repairs and monitoring of Cisco switches and routers, IP phones, voice gateways, wireless controllers and access points, firewalls and intrusion prevention system;
- Installs, maintains, updates, and manages computer operating systems, Internet browsers, and other utility software that may be required;
- Inspects, troubleshoots, assembles, installs, adjusts, and tests various types computers and associated peripherals used by the school division;
- Installs surge suppressors and other related equipment needed for the proper operation of computers and servers;
- Assists in the analyses of network protocol configuration issues and configures TCP/IP clients for proper network and Internet access;
- Diagnoses defects, troubleshoots to the component level, repairs, or replaces defective parts;
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance; Cleans and checks computer units on a regular basis;
- Performs software and hardware installations on stand-alone computers and network servers;
- Installs, repairs, and maintains all types and brands of computers and related equipment;
- Services, repairs and replaces hard drives, disk drives, network adaptors, soundcards, power supplies, motherboards and all other components within stand-alone computers and servers; Read electronic schematic diagrams to diagnose circuit problems;
- Repairs multi-layered printed circuit boards and surface mount devices; Provides technical advice to end users;
- Trains end users in the use of educational computer equipment;
- Evaluates the integration of new operating systems, computers and peripherals into existing networks.
- Assists with the evaluation of software and analyzes for proper operation with new operating systems within the current network environment;
- Assists with research, information gathering, and planning for technology implementation;
- Monitors technical publications, industry news and updates to stay knowledgeable of emerging technology;
- Exercises independent judgment in planning, scheduling, organizing, controlling and monitoring of daily workload;
- Coordinates daily work schedule with supervisor, office staff and team members
- Assists in the acquisition, storage, preparation and disposal of surplus equipment;
- Performs related tasks as required
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and three (3) years of full-time experience in the maintenance and repair of computer equipment with at least two (2) years of experience working in a network environment. A+ certification required. Network+ certification preferred. Description: Responsible for performing highly technical work such as preventive and corrective maintenance on computers
- Exertion of up to 10 pounds of force.
- Exertion of up to 20 pounds of force.
- Exertion of up to 50 pounds of force.
- Work requires climbing.
- Hearing required to perceive info at normal levels
- Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing data.
- Visual acuity is required for depth and color perception.
- Visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts
- Visual acuity is required for operation of machines.
- Visual acuity is required in use of measuring devices.
- Visual acuity is required for observing surroundings.
- Assembly or fabrication of parts at or within arms length.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Subject to outside environmental conditions.
- Subject to hazards.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Technical Support Jobs
- View more Education/Training Jobs
- View more General/Other Jobs
- View more Internet/New Media Jobs
- View more Chesapeake Public Schools Jobs