Certification Required or Eligible
10 years of experience required
Job Summary: Reports to the Telecommunication Manager. Job Duties include: Designing, implementing, and troubleshooting enterprise–wide voice technologies. This includes phone systems, voice mail applications, unified communications, CTI and call center applications, along with installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of communications hardware and voice circuits as well as project management of telecom initiatives and support of peripheral systems.
Education: Bachelor's degree in communications engineering, electrical engineering, or related field is strongly preferred.
Certifications: Must possess at least 3 of the following certifications: Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist, Avaya Certified support Specialist, or Avaya Certified Solutions Specialist in the areas of CallPilot, CS1000, Call Center, Messaging, Session Manager, Contact Center, equivalent Telecom/Nortel, or Cisco Certifications.
Must have 10 years of relevant telecommunications experience or 15 years of general experience.
· In depth understanding of Avaya Communications Manager, CS1k, CMS, Messaging, System/Session mgr, CCE, WFO, and other enterprise telephony applications.
· In depth understanding of VOIP protocols and network integrations including IP and SIP trunking.
· Understanding of Quality of Service, Vlans, and DHCP
· In depth understanding of telecommunications protocols including ISDN, Analog, Digital, VoIP, SIP, H323, TCP/IP, IP codecs
· Experience designing and maintaining complex ACDs, Vectors, VDNs, and call routing.
· Proficient in data technologies such as QoS, routing, switching, DHCP
· Understanding of VoWifi integration, and standards.
· Plan, design, implement and support complex Telecom solutions.
· Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external IT partners.
· Provide recommendations to leadership on technical solutions and technology to increase telecommunications effectiveness.
· Ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and leadership.
· Leading and mentoring team members on technologies and projects.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, includes team collaboration, documentation, and technical leadership.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision to complete assigned task.
· Detail oriented and the ability to maintain accurate records.
· Excellent organization and time management skills.