Unix Security - Manager
- Financial Services
- Restaurant/Food Service
- Banking/Financial Services
- Internet/New Media
Job Title: Unix Security - Manager
Location: McLean, VA, 22106, USA
Description: McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Unix Security - Manager
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our vision is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
This role will support the UNIX security team under Information Security (ISRM). The team creates Security standards for all UNIX variants, bare metal hypervisor’s (VMware and OpenStack), containers (Docker and LXC) and Linux (including appliances and VM images) based operating systems. This team also creates security standards for Cloud based infrastructure (AWS, Azure). Security compliance programs are creates/maintained using various scripting languages to ensure that the infrastructure meets the hardening requirements.
The role will support the team to provide regular reporting on the environment to stakeholders and interested parties in addition to performing vulnerability assessments as new vulnerabilities are exposed.
This role requires deep security knowledge of Solaris, Linux (Redhat, SuSE, Ubuntu), AIX, HP-UX, VMware ESXi, AWS and Azure security models. In addition, the candidate should have experience in Perl, shell scripting, RUBY, Chef, Rest API interface development and SQL.
The role will provide as part of the team an oversight to implement security policies to secure the Unix & Cloud environments. This position requires knowledge of common security tools but not limited to Nessus, NMAP, Metasploit, and Nikto. Collaborates with executives, support teams, and suppliers to drive remediation and help solve implementation issues. Provide support that may include installation, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting. Also performs quality assurance processes to effectively manage the security hardening and reporting procedures.
Capable of providing support for securing server builds and cloud AMIs. Identifies new security threats by conducting vulnerability assessments; evaluates and recommends on procedures used to mitigate risks. Develop compliance auditing methodologies and architecture to manage and protect data in cloud computing environments. Participates in the development of hardware/software/network appliance security procedures and guidelines on information security best practices.
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• General technical background
• Familiarity with technical infrastructure components and their operation
• Familiarity with application architectures and their interactions with technical infrastructure
• Ability to communicate clearly to non-technical stakeholders
• Familiarity with ITIL practices and processes
• Familiarity with Agile methodology
• Demonstrate strong work ethic
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Acquire industry recognized certification(s) to do his/her job more effectively
• Bachelor’s degree or military experience
• At least 4 years of Unix/Linux/Red Hat security experience
• At least 1 year of AWS Cloud security experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Information Security or military experience
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
• At least 4 years of experience with Linux command lines tool
• At least 4 years scripting experience.
• At least 4 years of experience performing Unix/Linux system administration
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Security Coordinator Jobs
- View more Financial Services Jobs
- View more Computers/IT/Technology Jobs
- View more Restaurant/Food Service Jobs
- View more Banking/Financial Services Jobs
- View more Hotel/Hospitality/Tourism Jobs
- View more Internet/New Media Jobs
- View more Capital One Jobs
View More Jobs in McLean, VA:
- View more jobs in McLean, Virginia
- Security Coordinator jobs in McLean, Virginia
- Financial Services jobs in McLean, Virginia
- Computers/IT/Technology jobs in McLean, Virginia
- Restaurant/Food Service jobs in McLean, Virginia
- Banking/Financial Services jobs in McLean, Virginia
- Hotel/Hospitality/Tourism jobs in McLean, Virginia
- Internet/New Media jobs in McLean, Virginia
- Capital One jobs in McLean, Virginia
View More Jobs in VA:
- View more jobs in Virginia
- Security Coordinator jobs in Virginia
- Financial Services jobs in Virginia
- Computers/IT/Technology jobs in Virginia
- Restaurant/Food Service jobs in Virginia
- Banking/Financial Services jobs in Virginia
- Hotel/Hospitality/Tourism jobs in Virginia
- Internet/New Media jobs in Virginia
- Capital One jobs in Virginia